Are You a Balayage Candidate? Advice From a Pro
Balayage is a technique used to lighten hair resulting in a natural, sunkissed look. The balayage look is reminiscent of youthful hair after a summer at the beach; golden and natural. Traditional Balayage uses a gentle, clay-based lightener to slowly lift the hair resulting in a seamless, highlighted result.
Balayage may be the service for you if:
- You like your natural color and want to accentuate it
- You are new to coloring your hair and don’t want an extreme look
- You like the idea of only coloring your hair a few times a year
- You enjoy a rooty, depthy, natural look
- You like to see warmth and golden tones in your hair
- You’ve only ever lightened your hair and want your lighter hair to look more natural
Balayage is not the ideal service for you if:
- You like to have your hair lightened all the way to the scalp and hate seeing any darkness or roots
- You like a very light, solid or cool toned blonde
- You have dark hair but want a blonde result. Traditional Balayage lighteners will likely leave your hair brassy. You can still achieve a nice, blended look but chances are your hairdresser will choose an alternate method to get you there
- You hate the idea of waiting a few months between lightening appointments
- You have existing color on your hair. Lightener is ok but color is not. The Balayage service requires a gentle lightener intended to work on natural or pre-lightened hair. It does not work well on top of colored hair. If you have color on your hair and you want the look of a Balayage, you are likely in color correction territory
Another factor to consider before choosing balayage is the time and price. Balayage typically takes longer to process and requires a finishing gloss, leading to a longer appointment time. Because of this, it tends to be a pricier service. But remember that you will not need the service as often as traditional highlighting – so the cost tends to equal out over time. Although Balayage may be a bit more of an investment, the lower overall maintenance of this technique makes it very worthwhile.
Ready to book balayage with the best?
Decided balayage is right for you? Book an appointment with be Rosie Salon, our stylists are expertly trained in the latest and cutting edge balayage techniques.
Your hair is in good hands with be Rosie.